Double The Streusel Coffee Cake
If you like a lot of streusel,your really going to like this recipe.:)
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cvegetable oil
3/4 cbrown sugar
2 1/2 tspcinnamon
How to Make Double The Streusel Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together streusel ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt then add the sugar.
- Blend the 1/4 cup oil into the flour and sugar mixture until it is like cornmeal texture.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Add to the flour mixture and with an electric mixer on low,mix until just combined.
- Pour 1/2 mixture in a greased 8x 8 inch pan.
- By teaspoonfuls,dot half of streusel ingredients over batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top of the streusel,then by teaspoonfuls dot remaining streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
(p.s. you could make a powdered sugar glaze,but personally I don't think you need it.