DOUBLE NUTTY UPSIDE DOWN PINEAPPLE CAKE
- 3 c
- bisquick mix
- 3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- 1 can(s)
- sliced pineapple with juice
- 1/2 lb
- pecan halves
- 1 1/2 stick
- 1/2 c
- milk (i use whole milk)
How to Make DOUBLE NUTTY UPSIDE DOWN PINEAPPLE CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350. On a small baking sheet melt 1/4 cup of butter; add pecans stiring them so they are well coated. Toast in oven approximately 5-8 min. Should be crisp but not hard when done. Remove from oven set aside.
- 2Open can of Pineapple and remove from can saving juice. Place in a microwave bowl. Add to this 1/4 cup of butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Stir to mix well. Stir 1/2 cup of Pineapple juice. Microwave on High two (2) minutes. Let stay in Micro until used.
- 3Next take a medium bowl add to this 3cups Bisquick, 1 cup Brown sugar, 1/2 Cup sugar and mix well. Stir in the eggs making sure they are well mixed into the Bisquick in order not to sink in bottom of pan.
- 4Add Milk and about 1/2 cup of Pineapple juice to Bisquick mixture stirring well. The batter will appear a little lumpy. They will smooth out. Set aside. Take bunting pan and prepare for baking. I used Baker's Secret on mine and it worked beautifully. In the bottom of the sprinkle 1 cup Brown sugar to make circle around the bottom of the pan,add 1/2 half of the pecans to the circle of Brown Sugar.
- 5Take pineapples out of Microwave. Using a large serving spoon, place spoonfuls of batter around bottom of bundt pan. On top of batter, spoon 1/2 of the pineapples and sauce. Repeat with the batter again and pineapples. There should be enough batter to cover the 2nd layer of pineapples. Take the last half of the pecans and chop them up and sprinkle on top of batter.
- 6Put in oven at 350 degrees and bake for 30 min. Check to make sure cake is done by using a straw. I usually bake mine for 30 and cut the oven off and let it sit for 15min in the oven. Comes out great.
Take remaining Pineapple juice, brown sugar and butter and put together in microwave bowl and micro for 7 minutes, stirring every 3 min.
- 7Take cake out of oven and place on rack to cool. When cake is cool enough to invert on dish, flip it over and pour with the Pineapple sugar sauce you just make. It will become slightly hardeded when cooled. Enjoy!!!!