Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake
1/2 cchopped pecans
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkgcake mix, devils food
1 pkgchocolate pudding (not instant)
1/2 ccanola oil
1/2 cchocolate syrup
3/4 craspberry jam (seedless)
FOR SHINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
2 Tbspcocoa powder, unsweetened
1 cpowdered sugar (sifted)
1/4 cheavy cream
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 with rack at center
- Grease and flour a 12 C bundt pan or use cooking spray with flour
Sprinkle the chopped pecans and chocolate chips in the bottom of the pan
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, sugar, water, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl and blend on low for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend at medium for 2 minutes more. The batter will be thick.
- Remove 1 1/4 C of batter and place in a small bowl. Stir in the chocolate syrup and the rasberry jam until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour the rest of the batter carefully into the bundt pan and smooth it. Pour the raspberry batter on top and use a butter knife to cut it into the batter below. Smooth the top.
- Carefully tap the pan a couple of times on the counter to force any air bubbles to the surface of the batter
- Put the bundt in the oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Test the cake with wooden skewer..should come out clean
- Run a sharp knife around the upper edge and cool for about 10 minutes. Invert on a wire rack, tap the pan, and slide the cake out onto another wire rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
- Make the Glaze:
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Add cocoa powder and heavy cream, whisk until the mixture thickens..do not boil it.
- Turn off the heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla..keep whisking until the glaze is smoth and shiny.
- Pour over cake, let cool. Then enjoy!