★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
3/4 cbrown sugar
3/4 cgranulated sugar
4unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
2.5 ccake flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 cchocolate chips coated in 2 tablespoons flour
How to Make Double Chocolate Pound Cake
- Cream butter with sugars until smooth and well blended.
- Add chocolate and eggs, one at a time. Beat until fluffy.
- Mix flour and baking soda and add to creamed mixture.
- Blend in buttermilk and vanilla, stir until smooth, then add chocolate chips.
- Turn batter into a well-greased and floured 10-inch tube baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for a couple of minutes and then turn cake out of pan onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries or other berries.
- Serve with a dollop of whipping cream.