Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, melted, plus 8 more tablespoons (1 stick) butter,melted plus additional butter,for greasing pan
- 1(18.25-oz pkg
- chocolate cake mix
- plus 2 eggs
- 1(8) oz
- package cream cheese,softened
- 3 to 4 tsp
- cocoa powder
- 1(16) oz
- box powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
How to Make Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes
- 1Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch pan
- 2In a large bowl,combine the cake mix,1 egg,and 1 stick melted butter, and stir until well blended. Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- 3In a stand mixer,or with a hand mixer,beat the cream cheese until smooth.Add the remaining 2 eggs, and the cocoa powder.Lower the speed of the mixer,add the powdered sugar .Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- 4Slowly add the remaining 1 stick of butter.and the vanilla,continuing to beat the mixture until smooth .Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula.spread filling over cake mixture in pan .
- 5Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the cake,the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.