Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes
8 Tbspbutter, melted, plus 8 more tablespoons (1 stick) butter,melted plus additional butter,for greasing pan
1(18.25-oz pkgchocolate cake mix
1eggplus 2 eggs
1(8) ozpackage cream cheese,softened
3 to 4 tspcocoa powder
1(16) ozbox powdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes
- Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch pan
- In a large bowl,combine the cake mix,1 egg,and 1 stick melted butter, and stir until well blended. Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer,or with a hand mixer,beat the cream cheese until smooth.Add the remaining 2 eggs, and the cocoa powder.Lower the speed of the mixer,add the powdered sugar .Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly add the remaining 1 stick of butter.and the vanilla,continuing to beat the mixture until smooth .Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula.spread filling over cake mixture in pan .
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the cake,the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.