Double Chocolate Brownies
*Vanilla or peppermint extract could also be used in place of almond.
- 3/4 c
- butter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 oz.
- unsweetend baking chocolate (4 squares)
- 2 c
- large eggs
- 4 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- almond extract*
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1 (12 oz.)
- bag chocolate chips (2 cups)
How to Make Double Chocolate Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Line a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving overhang.
- 3In a large glass bowl, heat butter or margarine and chocolate in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir until smooth and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- 4Whisk in sugar, eggs, flour and almond extract; stir in pecans and half of the chocolate chips (1 cup).
- 5Transfer batter to prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until top is dry to the touch.
- 7Let cool completely in pan on wire rack; lift brownie from pan with foil.
- 8Cut into squares and serve.