Double Chocolate Brownies
*Vanilla or peppermint extract could also be used in place of almond.
3/4 cbutter or margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
4 oz.unsweetend baking chocolate (4 squares)
4 1/4 call-purpose flour
2 tspalmond extract*
1 cpecans, chopped
1 (12 oz.)bag chocolate chips (2 cups)
How to Make Double Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving overhang.
- In a large glass bowl, heat butter or margarine and chocolate in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir until smooth and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, flour and almond extract; stir in pecans and half of the chocolate chips (1 cup).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until top is dry to the touch.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack; lift brownie from pan with foil.
- Cut into squares and serve.