Dorthea's Incredible Orange Cake & Frosting
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix (9x13)
- 1 can(s)
- mandarin oranges (large)
- 3 large
- peel of 1 orange (just the orange part), grated
- 3/4 pkg
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 can(s)
- evaporated milk
- 1/4 c
- grated orange peel to decorate top
How to Make Dorthea's Incredible Orange Cake & Frosting
- 1FOR CAKE:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pour yellow cake mix in a bowl. Add 3 beaten eggs and 1 can of mandarin oranges. (Use juice from can if mix seems too thick.) Stir in orange peel.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- 4FOR FROSTING:
Mix 1/2 bag powdered sugar, Crisco and evaporated milk with hand mixer. Continue to add powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
- 5Top with grated orange peel. Makes a lot of frosting so you will have some to use for another use.