"Donuts" homemade speciality
- 3 1/2 C
- all purpose flour
- 1 TBS
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- set above aside in a bowl.
- 1/3 C
- 1/2 C
- butter, melted
- in seperate bowl set aside these above ingredients
- eggs, beaten
- 2/3 C
- vegetable oil for deep-frying
- cinnamon and sgr. or pdr sgr for topping.
- frostings , assorted to your liking
DEEP FRY OIL
How to Make "Donuts" homemade speciality
use a slotted spoon to lower and remove donuts from the hot oil to avoid splashing. . . or Hot oil burns.
- 2In a med. Bowl combine eggs and sugar, beat with electric mixer till thick, (about 5 min)
- 3ADD; Milk mixture, stir to combine.
ADD; Flour Mixture, stir till smooth.
Cover dough, Chill 2 hrs.
(dough will remain slightly sticky.)
- 4Turn dough out on slightly floured board.
Roll dough to 1/2" thick.
Cut dough with floured 2 1/2" round cutter or Standard donut cutter.
- 5Heat Oil to 375 degrees, use thermometer.
Fry 2-3 donuts at the same time in the Hot oil for about 1 min, then turn with slotted spoon, fry another 1-1/2 more min, til golden brown.
(deep-fry total 2-2 1/2 min. max.)
repeat with donut holes.
- 6Place 2 C pdr sugar
mixture cinn & sgr @
(1 tsp Cinnamon & 1/2 C sugar) combination
in a large Zip lock bag (gallon size) or paper bag, add more if needed.
Add Hot donuts and shake till well coated.
frost with your favorite (maple) frosting.
top with nuts or sprinkles.
to reheat donuts, place each donut in microwave 8-10 seconds. makes about 15 donuts