Donna's East Coast Inspired Crumb Cake
2/3 clight bown sugar packed
1 tspground cinnamon
1 stickbutter, melted
1 3/4 cbuttermilk biscuit mix
1 boxyellow or butter flavor or white cake mix
1 1/2 csour cream
1/3 cvegetable oil
How to Make Donna's East Coast Inspired Crumb Cake
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and Flour 13x9 inch pan and set it aside.
FOR THE TOPPING: Whisk sugar, cinnamon, and butter in medium bowl to combine. Add Bisquick and stir with rubber spatula or wooden spoon until mixture resembles thick, cohesive dough; set aside to cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the Cake: Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream and oil then blend for 4 minutes. Pour batter into the 13x9 inch pan. With Your hands, break off Topping Dough and Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cake and bake at 350*F for 35-40 minutes.
- The Crumb topping will be thick and you need to break it up over the cake but it will remain in clumps. You need the clumps to make the topping into crumbs like when it comes out of the oven.
- You may add a sprinkling of Powdered Sugar over top after it cools. Serve with lots of soft butter.
- Be sure to buy the cake mixes when they go on sale for $1 or less per cake mix. This recipe sure saves money over the frozen crumb cakes that run about $4-5. each. This freezes well and cake may be warmed in the microwave before serving. Always serve with a pat of butter on top! For a dessert serve with light whipped topping!