DIXIE'S RHUBARB CAKE
Needless to say it was FUN social event. Every year Dixie arrived early in the morning with a warm fresh out of the oven Rhubarb cake. We all knew that she had been up early and was outside picking fresh rhubarb for this cake!
Everywhere I take this recipe today, they always ask for the recipe.
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1/2 cshortening (i use butter)
1 tspbaking soda
1 csour cream
1 1/2 crhubarb, finely chopped
1/2 cwalnuts, chopped
How to Make DIXIE'S RHUBARB CAKE
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 13x9 inch cake/baking pan.
- Cream brown sugar and shortening. Add egg. Beat well until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Add 1/2 flour alternating with sour cream. Mix until combined. Do not overbeat.
- Fold in rhubarb. Pout into prepared baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, and walnuts. It should be crumbly. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until it test done.