Divine Chocolate Lava Cakes...MMMM
- 60% cacao baking bars (i use ghiradelli)
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 c
- cake flour
- stick butter
- egg yolks
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of chili powder
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- sugar (for raspberry sauce)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Divine Chocolate Lava Cakes...MMMM
- 1FOR CHOCOLATE CENTERS: Melt 1/2 baking bar (2oz) and 1/4 C heavy cream in double boiler, whisking constantly. When combined, place in the refridgerator until firm (about 2 hours). Remove from fridge, scoop and roll into 9 small balls. Place into fridge until ready to use.
- 2For raspberry sauce: place one cup raspberries, 1/4 sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Strain to remove seeds and store in fridge until ready for use. (If using frozen raspberries, thaw and drain before placing in food processor)
- 3FOR CAKES: Preheat oven to 400. In a double boiler, melt butter and 1 60% cacao baking bar (4 oz), whisking until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 4While chocolate is melting, combine eggs, yolks, 1/3 C sugar, and vanilla. Using mixer with whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until thick and light.
- 5Gently fold chocolate mixture, flour, cinnamon, and cayenne into egg mixture until evenly combined.
- 6Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray. (I like to use the individual silicone ones, but a regular muffin pan works also). Fill with cake mixture. Place one of the cold centers in each making sure it is covered with the cake batter. Bake for 7-10 minutes until top of cake is firm to the touch.
- 7Let cakes stand for 5 minutes, run a knife along the edge and invert onto plate (this is why individual cups works well vs. a muffin pan). Drizzle with raspberry sauce, and garnish with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.