Divine Chocolate Lava Cakes...MMMM
260% cacao baking bars (i use ghiradelli)
1/4 cheavy cream
1/4 ccake flour
1 tspvanilla extract
·pinch of cinnamon
·pinch of chili powder
1/4 csugar (for raspberry sauce)
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Divine Chocolate Lava Cakes...MMMM
- FOR CHOCOLATE CENTERS: Melt 1/2 baking bar (2oz) and 1/4 C heavy cream in double boiler, whisking constantly. When combined, place in the refridgerator until firm (about 2 hours). Remove from fridge, scoop and roll into 9 small balls. Place into fridge until ready to use.
- For raspberry sauce: place one cup raspberries, 1/4 sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Strain to remove seeds and store in fridge until ready for use. (If using frozen raspberries, thaw and drain before placing in food processor)
- FOR CAKES: Preheat oven to 400. In a double boiler, melt butter and 1 60% cacao baking bar (4 oz), whisking until smooth. Remove from heat.
- While chocolate is melting, combine eggs, yolks, 1/3 C sugar, and vanilla. Using mixer with whisk attachment, beat on medium speed for 5 minutes until thick and light.
- Gently fold chocolate mixture, flour, cinnamon, and cayenne into egg mixture until evenly combined.
- Spray 9 muffin cups with cooking spray. (I like to use the individual silicone ones, but a regular muffin pan works also). Fill with cake mixture. Place one of the cold centers in each making sure it is covered with the cake batter. Bake for 7-10 minutes until top of cake is firm to the touch.
- Let cakes stand for 5 minutes, run a knife along the edge and invert onto plate (this is why individual cups works well vs. a muffin pan). Drizzle with raspberry sauce, and garnish with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.