- (20.oz)cans of tart pitted cherries,undrained
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- (9-inch) chocolate cake layers,baked and cooled.
- 3 c
- cold whipping cream
- 1/3 c
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Devil's Cake
- 1Drain cherries,reserving 1/2 c. juice.Combine reserved cherry juice,cherries,gran sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.Add vanilla and stir.
- 2Split each cake layer in half horizontally.Crumble one half layer;set aside.
- 3Beat cold whipping cream and conf sugar in a L. bowl with a electric mixer set at high speed until stiff peaks form.Reserve 1 1/2 c. whipping cream for decorative piping.
- 4Place one cake layer on serving plate.Spread with 1 c. whipping cream;top with 1/4 c.cherry topping.Top with second cake layer,1 c. whipping cream and 3/4 c. cherry topping;top with third cake layer.
- 5Frost cake sides with remaining whipped cream;pat gently with reserved cake crumbs.
- 6Spoon reserved 1 1/2 c. whipped cream into pastry bag fitted with star tip;pipe around top and bottom edges of cake.Spoon remaining cherry topping over top of cake.
** If you place bowl and beaters in fridge before being needed..it helps with making the peaks form easier..Also make sure whipping cream is chilled..