delicious strawberry cake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- strawberry cake mix plus ingredients needed to prepare as directed on box
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1 1/8 c
- strawberry preserves
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 tsp
- lemon extract
How to Make delicious strawberry cake
- 1pre heat oven to 350' and spray 2 round cake pans with cooking spray
- 2prepare cake batter according to package directions and then pour into prepared cake pans. bake for 29min
- 3let cake cool completely.
- 4combine butter and cream cheese until fluffy, add powdered sugar, lemon extract, and 1/8 cup strawberry preserves. if frosting is too thin you may add more powdered sugar until it reaches desired consistancy
- 5put 1 layer of cake round side down onto plate.
spread remaining 1 cup of strawberry preserves on first layer.
- 6Place 2nd layer on top of strawberry preserves and frost with your strawberry cream cheese frosting.
- 7refrigerate until ready to serve, may you and your family enjoy this cake as much as mine do!