Delicious Apple Cake
A cross between a cake and a pie.
A Very tender crust.
- 2 c
- self rising flour
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1 large
- egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 c
- 3 oz
- baking apples, peeled and sliced ( i use granny smith )
- 5 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- sugar for top
- beaten egg , for egg wash
How to Make Delicious Apple Cake
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
Grease a 9 inch tart pan.
- 3Stir in sugar, milk and egg. Dough should be soft but not sticky. Try not to over mix. Add a little more flour if too sticky.
- 5Place half of the dough into the prepared tart pan, pressing it in with floured fingers to evenly cover the bottom of the dish.
- 7Carefully roll out the remaining half of the dough into a circle roughly the same size as the dish. Place on top of the apples, pressing the edges together with the bottom crust. ( the crust is very pliable, if need be, place on top of apples and spread with fingers to cover apples, and pinch together with bottom crust).
Cut several slits in the top of the cake to ventilate.