Deer Lake Strawberry Shortcake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Deer Lake Strawberry Shortcake
- 1Cake: Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 2Add milk, butter and vanilla; beat at low speed just to blend.
- 3Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping down side and bottom of bowl twice; add eggs and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- 4Grease and flour 9-inch square cake pan; line with waxed paper.
- 5Spread batter evenly in pan; bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- 6Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; turn out of pan to cool completely on rack. (Cake can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 day or frozen for up to 1 month).
- 7Slice berries and combine with sugar; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 8Whip cream, then slice cake into 2 layers; place bottom layer, cut side up, on serving plate.
- 9Reserve 2 cups berry mixture for topping; spoon remaining berry mixture over bottom layer and spread with about one third of the whipped cream.
- 10Top with second layer, cut side down, then ice sides and top with remaining cream. (Cake can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 day.) - Spoon reserved berries over each serving.