Dee Dee's Ooey Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Diane Hopson Smith
I made these a couple of weeks ago with my 3 year old granddaughter. You truly haven't lived until you cook with a little one. Don't think I've ever seen anyone crack an egg so fast. Couldn't get to her fast enough.
When 1st making these, I used a cake mix. Today I didn't have a mix and needed something to send to friends so I tweaked the recipe and came up with this. Not sure if it's not better. Definitely yummy!
If you would rather use a cake mix, eliminate the dry ingredients and use a (18.25 oz) cake mix.
- 2 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 3 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- peanut butter
- 2 large
- (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
OOEY GOOEY MIXTURE
How to Make Dee Dee's Ooey Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Combine dry ingredients and sift into a large mixing bowl; add melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs. Mix until it forms a dough and is somewhat crumbly.
- 3Press mixture into a 9X13 pan reserving about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to be crumbled on top.
- 4Melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a small pot over a low heat. Stir frequently just until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- 5Spread chocolate mixture evenly over peanut butter mixture pressed in pan. Crumble reserved 1 1/2 cups dough mixture evenly over chocolate mixture.
- 6Bake 27 to 30 minutes. Cool completely. Slice into small squares and serve.
For a big treat, serve with a scoop of ice cream.
NOTE: very rich, one bite goes a long way ...enjoy