Dee Dee's Ooey Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Diane Hopson Smith
I made these a couple of weeks ago with my 3 year old granddaughter. You truly haven't lived until you cook with a little one. Don't think I've ever seen anyone crack an egg so fast. Couldn't get to her fast enough.
When 1st making these, I used a cake mix. Today I didn't have a mix and needed something to send to friends so I tweaked the recipe and came up with this. Not sure if it's not better. Definitely yummy!
If you would rather use a cake mix, eliminate the dry ingredients and use a (18.25 oz) cake mix.
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csugar
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, melted
1 cpeanut butter
OOEY GOOEY MIXTURE
1(14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Dee Dee's Ooey Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift into a large mixing bowl; add melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs. Mix until it forms a dough and is somewhat crumbly.
- Press mixture into a 9X13 pan reserving about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to be crumbled on top.
- Melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a small pot over a low heat. Stir frequently just until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over peanut butter mixture pressed in pan. Crumble reserved 1 1/2 cups dough mixture evenly over chocolate mixture.
- Bake 27 to 30 minutes. Cool completely. Slice into small squares and serve.
For a big treat, serve with a scoop of ice cream.
NOTE: very rich, one bite goes a long way ...enjoy