Deborah's Pineapple Upside Down Cake
So one boring afternoon trying to recapture my childhood, I put together this from my own imagination of what a pineapple upside down cake should be.
This is NOT your Momma's Pineapple
Upside Down Cake!
- 1 large
- can of pineapple chunks drained (save the juice)
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 c
- baker’s coconut
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1 stick
- butter ( for cake mix)
- eggs (for cake mix)
- betty crocker yellow cake mix with butter
- (pineapple juice replaces water in box cake mix)
How to Make Deborah's Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 2Open pineapple and cherries drain juices off and keep for later.
- 3In the bottom of tube pan pour about ¾ cup of brown sugar (more or less)
Spread it out to cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- 4Then on top of the sugar, layer the pineapple evenly, then the cherries, coconut, and pecans.
- 5In a separate mixing bowl, mix the cake mix according to the directions .
EXCEPT exchange the fruit juice for the water in the mix(Use same measurement), continue to mix according to the directions.
- 6Pour the batter on top of the layers in the tube pan, spread it evenly.
- 7Bake at 375 for 34 to 44 minutes, until the cake is done by checking with a toothpick.
- 8When finished baking run a knife around to loosen and flip upside down onto a plate! Eat warm or wait till cool