Deborah's Pineapple Upside Down Cake
So one boring afternoon trying to recapture my childhood, I put together this from my own imagination of what a pineapple upside down cake should be.
This is NOT your Momma's Pineapple
Upside Down Cake!
1 largecan of pineapple chunks drained (save the juice)
1 jar(s)maraschino cherries without stems
1 cbaker’s coconut
1 cchopped pecans
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 stickbutter ( for cake mix)
3eggs (for cake mix)
1betty crocker yellow cake mix with butter
·(pineapple juice replaces water in box cake mix)
How to Make Deborah's Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Open pineapple and cherries drain juices off and keep for later.
- In the bottom of tube pan pour about ¾ cup of brown sugar (more or less)
Spread it out to cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Then on top of the sugar, layer the pineapple evenly, then the cherries, coconut, and pecans.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the cake mix according to the directions .
EXCEPT exchange the fruit juice for the water in the mix(Use same measurement), continue to mix according to the directions.
- Pour the batter on top of the layers in the tube pan, spread it evenly.
- Bake at 375 for 34 to 44 minutes, until the cake is done by checking with a toothpick.
- When finished baking run a knife around to loosen and flip upside down onto a plate! Eat warm or wait till cool