Date Nut Cake
How to Make Date Nut Cake
- 1In small bowl, pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over 8 oz. chopped dates. Stir in 1/2 tsp. baking soda.
- 2In large bowl, cream 1 cup sugar and 3/4 cup room temp butter. Blend in 2 eggs and beat well.
- 3Add 1 3/4 cups flour, 3/4 tsp. baking soda and 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Mix well. Add date mixture to this and mix. (it will be loose)
- 4Pour into 9x13 prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over top of cake, then, 1/2 cup chopped nuts over sugar and finally 1 cup chocolate chips on top. -DO NOT MIX-
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.