Dark Devil's Food Cake
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 c
- 1/3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 3/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 2/3 c
- hershy special dark baking cocoa
- 2/3 c
- crisco shortening
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- large eggs
How to Make Dark Devil's Food Cake
- 1Mix first eight ingredients until blended. Beat on high speed of hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- 2Add vanilla and eggs and mix until well blended. Beat on high speed of hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- 3Grease and flour cake pan and pour batter into pan.
- 4I prefer to sprinkle top of batter with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts before baking. Or you can bake and ice when cooled.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Bake: 9 in. layer pans for 30-40 minutes
9in. square or 9 in. x 13 in. pans for
35-40 min. 24 cupcakes for 20-25 min.