Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 14 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups butter
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- vanilla or coffee ice cream, optional
- chocolate flavor syrup, optional
How to Make Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan; set aside.
In large pan, mix chocolate, butter, and water; cook and stir over low heat til chocolate is melted. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- 2Add sugar and brown sugar to the chocolate mixture; beat with mixer on low to medium speed til mixed. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt and cinnamon; beat on low speed til mixed. Spread batter in prepared baking pan.
- 3Bake about 25 minutes or til wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack about 30 minutes or til browned hold a cut edge. Cut into bars.
- 4If desired top each brownie with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Makes 40 brownies.
Store brownies, layered between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days for freeze for up to 3 months