Dad's Favorite Pound Cake
How to Make Dad's Favorite Pound Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Measure butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl. Blend for 5 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt. With the mixer on low speed, blend flour mixture with butter mixture, alternating with evaporated milk.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- When cake is done, let it cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!