★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/2 c
- butter, unsalted @room temperature
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 can(s)
- 14oz whole berry cranberry sauce (not the jellied one)
How to Make Dad's Favorite Cranberry Bundt Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a Bundt pan. If desired, place a greased piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan (guaranteeing that your cake will come out of the pan)
- 2In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric hand held mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and beat. Add vanilla and beat. Add sour cream and beat until well incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- 3Add flour, salt and baking soda to batter and mix on low.
- 4Add entire can of cranberry sauce and stir gently with a spoon or rubber spatula.
- 5Zest the orange and add it to the batter and stir gently. Reserve orange for juice (see below for optional icing recipe)
- 6Pour mixture into prepared Bundt pan, level top, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (depending upon the shape of your pan) or until cake inserted in middle of cake comes out clean. Remember that the cranberries add lots of moisture, so don't confuse a moist cranberry with moist batter when testing for doneness.
- 7OPTIONAL ICING:
After letting cake cool and unmolding it from the Bundt pan, drizzle with a combination of 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and 1 tsp. of fresh orange juice OR sprinkle with powdered sugar.