My Version White Wedding Cake or Cupcake - Recipe
·1 1/2 cups of chilled, heavy whipping cream
·2/3 cups of egg whites (i use pasteurized egg whites)
·2 teaspoons of imitation, clear vanilla flavoring (can use almond extract)
·2 1/4 cup of cake flour, sifted twice prior to measuring
·1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
·2 teaspoons of baking powder
·1/2 teaspoon of salt
How to Make My Version White Wedding Cake or Cupcake - Recipe
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a chilled bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold egg whites and vanilla into whipping cream.
- Mix the sugar, baking powder and salt, into the cake flour.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the whipping cream and egg mixture. Gently fold it into the whipping cream and egg mixture.
- This will be very thick. That's fine. It's supposed to be.
- Pour mixture into baking pans and bake for about 30-45 minutes...**depending upon your oven. It's done when a toothpick placed in the center, comes out clean.
- ***To make Cupcakes*** Simply use cupcake papers and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. They will come out very light and fluffy, but the next day, they will have the taste and texture very much like a wedding cake.
- For Cakes.....Grease and flour pans, or use Baking with Pam, it has flour in it, or use Bakers Joy with Flour.
Pan size...13x9, or 2-8 inch or 2- 9x1 ½ inch round pans.
- **Note**Bake Cupcakes at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan.
***This makes 24 cupcakes