Cuban Butter Cupcakes, Panquesitos de Mantequilla
4 ccake flour, sifted
4 stickreal butter salted, not margerine
1/2 tspsalt, sift with the flour
1 tspalmond extract
2 tspreal vanilla extract, not immation vanilla
1/2 tspbaking soda, sift with the flour
1 tspbaking powder, sift with the flour
How to Make Cuban Butter Cupcakes, Panquesitos de Mantequilla
- Pre heat Oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together on low in the mixer until well incorporated then increase to medium and blend for about two minutes until batter is whipped and and fluffy.
- Next slow down the mixer and add one egg at a time. Allow the first egg to mix in thoroughly before adding the next egg. Add the next egg and again mix thoroughly before adding the next egg. Do each egg like this allowing each egg to be well mixed in before adding the other. Do all six eggs like this making sure they are all thoroughly mixed in. This is a very important step to this recipe.
- In a seperate bowl sift your flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder all together. Now turn down the mixer to low and slowly begin to add in the flour mixture by small batches to your butter and sugar mixture. You can do this with a half cup measuring cup. Fill the half cup and slowly add to the mixture. Little by little allowing each batch to mix in before adding the next cup of flour mixture. Do this this way until you have used up all of the flour. This step takes time so be patient. With the mixer still on low add your remaining cup of buttermilk pour in about 2 ounces and mix well before pouring in two more ounces and mix well again. Each time mixing well befor adding the next two ounces. little by little slowly add the whole cup in two ounce increments until all the milk is used. Now bring up the speed to medium and mix thoroughly for about 2 minutes. Then bring up speed again to high and mix real well for about another minute.
- Prepare your muffin tins, line with cupcake liners. Pour halfway up the liner leaving enough space for them to rise. Bake in the oven between 25/35 minutes. Test with a toothpick in the center of the panquesito to see if it comes out clean. Because this batter is so dense it may take a little longer to bake. Be sure to keep an eye on them. You will get about 5/6 dozen panquesitos or maybe more. Enjoy
- I wanted to bake them and take a picture. However we at this time are dieting and when I told my husband I wanted to bake panquesitos he had a cow. He said for sure if I baked he would brake his diet. He really has to loose wait Medical reasons, so we are all dieting. Good luck with the panquesitos.
- Remember to buy Cake flour and use buttermilk. don't use regular flour or regular milk.
I will post a picture later.