How to Make Crystal Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10X4 tube pan or a 12 cup bunt pan with shortening, ( sides bottom and tube); flour.
- 2Mix flour, soda, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- 3In large separate bowel cream together shortening and sugar with pastry blender until coarse crumbs are formed. Beat in eggs, (one at a time), and vanilla at low speed with an electric mixer. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 4Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk at low speed, (begin and end with the flour mixture), just until combined. Spread into pan.
- 5Bake 70 to 80 minutes, or toothpick comes out clean. Invert immediately onto wire rack and cool 20 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.