Crusting Buttercream - Cake Decorators Frosting
- 1 1/3 c
- hi-ratio shortening
- 2 lb
- powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- liquid vanilla coffee creamer
- 2 Tbsp
- corn syrup, light
- 3 Tbsp
- butter extract / flavoring
How to Make Crusting Buttercream - Cake Decorators Frosting
- 1Use mixer (automatic mixer works best)Paddle attachment.
Add Hi-Ration shortening in to mixing bowl.
heat the creamer in the microwave 'til hot (not boiling - and cream it into the hi-ratio before adding the rest of the ingredients cream until completely mixed.
- 2slowly add remaining ingredients. Whip until fluffy as long as needed, some people will whip this up to 10 minutes or more with an automatic mixer and just let it sit and do its thing until fluffy.
- 3The cornstarch in allows for this to be dry to the touch, but it isn't quite as stiff as it is with meringue.