Crocking Carrot Cake
*Be adventurous and make variations of this treat by adding some chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, orange zest, or shredded zucchini or perhaps a scoop of ice cream when serving. Be sure if adding cranberries, nuts, or zucchini to adjust shredded carrot amount
- 1 box
- (18.25-ounce) box spice cake mix (betty crocker or duncan hines)
- 2 box
- (1.5-ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix (royal brand)
- 1 c
- 1 3/4 c
- shredded carrots
- 3/4 c
- canola or olive oil
- eggs (or equivalent amount of egg beaters)
- (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 c
- sour cream
How to Make Crocking Carrot Cake
- 1Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (Butter flavor).
- 2Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. You can also mix manually with a wooden spoon; just make sure you have thoroughly mixed ingredients.
- 4Fold the mixture into your Crock Pot / slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on LOW for 4.5 to 7 hours depending on the batch size you are making and then turn it down to WARM.
- 6Scoop out a warm serving topped with Reddi Whip / or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!