★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract,orange extract,or almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
How to Make CREAMY WHITE FROSTING
- 1Beat shortening,vanilla,and extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- 2Slowly add half of the powdered sugar,beating well.Add 2 tablespoons of the milk.Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach spreading consistency.
- 3This frosts the tops and sides of two 8-or 9-inch cake layers.