Creamy Lemon Cheese Cake Bars
I wish I had a picture to show you..maybe I will make this again over the holidays and post my pictures.
- 1 box
- regular size lemon cake mix
- 2 pkg
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- fresh whipping cream, maraschino cherries w/stems
How to Make Creamy Lemon Cheese Cake Bars
- 1Measure 1 cup dry cake mix; set aside. Combine remaining mix with 1 egg and 1/3 oil. Press in the bottom of a greased 9X13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine reserved mix, 2 eggs, cream cheese and sugar. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes. Spread over crust. Bake another 35 minutes...watch carefully as not to overbake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Then refrigerate and chill before cutting into squares.
- 3TOPPINGS...here are a few ideas..depending on your taste. It can be eaten plain or as I always present it with a dollop of Whipping cream and a stemmed cherry on top. You can also do whipping cream with a drizzle of blueberry pie filling, cherry...raspberry. This time of year it would also be good with fresh homemade cranberry sauce drizzled over the top. Have fun with it, and enjoy!