Creamsicle Ice Cream Poke Cake
How to Make Creamsicle Ice Cream Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" cake pan and a 9" spring form pan.
- Prepare cake mix following package directions and divide between the 2 prepared pans. Bake 22 minutes or until done. Remove cakes from pans and cool thoroughly on a rack.
- Return cakes to pans and take a wooden spoon handle and poke holes halfway down each cake at one inch intervals.
- Mix gelatin with one cup boiling water and stir till gelatin dissolves. Add in one half cup of cold water. Chill about 30 minutes or till slightly thickened. Pour the gelatin over the cakes and chill one hour or till gelatin is set.
- Spread softened ice cream on the cake in the spring form pan only. Top with the second cake and freeze until firm.
- While cake is in freezer, beat on medium speed the cream cheese and the marshmallow cream. When ready to serve unmold the cake and frost with cream cheese mixture.