★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccrisco, butter-flavored
1 csour cream
3 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
2 tspvanilla extract - or - coconut flavoring
How to Make CREAM POUND CAKE
- Preheat oven: 325 degrees.
Grease & flour -- 10 inch tube pan
- In mixing bowl: cream Crisco & sugar thoroughly.
Add eggs 1 at a time; beat after each one. Add your flavoring.
- In another bowl: measure out the dry ingredients & then add alternately with the sour cream to the egg mixture.
Beat thoroughly after each addition.
Pour in pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
When cake tester comes out clean it is done.
Cool on wire rack, then remove from pan.
- Can be served plain or garnish with fresh fruit & whipped cream.