Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberry Coulis
Diane Hopson Smith
I have since added a Strawberry Coulis (koo-lee).
Hope you enjoy
- 3 c
- all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- sweet butter, softened
- (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 c
- 6 large
- eggs, room temp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 5 1/2 c
- strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
STRAWBERRY COULIS (STRAWBERRY SAUCE)
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberry Coulis
- 1DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN. Grease and flour a 10 to 15 cup bundt pan. NOTE: I use Baker's Joy and I used a 10 to 15 cup bundt pan for this recipe.
- 2Sift flour and salt together; set aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar for 10 minutes on low speed.
- 4Beat in eggs alternately with flour, mixing well after each addition; add vanilla and almond extracts.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 6Set oven to 325 degrees; bake for 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick or cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan.
- 7STRAWBERRY COULIS (Strawberry Sauce pronounced: Koo-lee)
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring the mix to a boil. Once it is boiling and the sugar has been dissolved, remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a blender.
- 8Blend until smooth, and then pass the sauce through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds. NOTE: Straining is not necessary and it doesn't make it taste any better, just a personal preference.
- 9Serve on top of ice cream, cake, pancakes & waffles, or as a topping for cheesecake. Freeze any remaining for future use.