Cream Cheese Pound Cake
This is my sons favorite cake and requests this for his birthday! It's perfect made into mini loaves, mini bundts, cupcakes, layers, or even into cake pops.
We love to serve this with juiced strawberries and whipped cream. This cake is great glazed, iced, or poked and a fruity jello/soda liquid poured over it. I have even used this as cupcakes and filled the centers with thick puree of mixed berries.
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 c
- butter, room temp
- 3 c
- eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 c
- all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 c
- frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 oz
- raspberry jell-o powder
- 1 pt
- whipped cream with sweetener
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth then add sugar until fluffy.
Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- 2Gently fold in sifted flour until completely incorporated. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hr and 20 minutes or until cake tested comes out clean.
- 3While cake is baking prepare strawberries. Thaw frozen berries and do not drain. Add one small package of either strawberry or raspberry jell-o powder. Let sit in fridge before serving.
In medium bowl whip up a pint of heavy whipping cream, sweeten as desire. I like to add homemade vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks form. Leftover cream is perfect the next day in coffee!
Place a slice of pound cake in bowl, top with chilled juicy strawberries and whipped cream.