Cream Cheese Pound Cake
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and put your rack on the first level under the middle rack because the bundt pan is so tall that your cake will actually be in the middle of the oven at this level.
- This next step is the most important step in making this cake so do not get in a hurry and rush this. Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar (about 7 minutes on the highest setting of your mixer).
- Once this mixture is creamed together, the color will soften to a pale yellow and the texture should be light and fluffy almost like whipped cream.
- Now you can add the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Add your vanilla extract. Gradually add the flour (about ½ cup at a time).
- During this stage, leave the mixer at low speed because you just need to incorporate the flour into the mixture, you don’t want to develop those glutens in the flour or your cake won’t be light and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into a bundt pan (spray that pan with non-stick cooking spray) and bake for 1 1/2 hours. If you like, you can add 1 cup of crushed nuts or any other goody to the batter, this usually adds a little more time to the baking.