1 csour cream
2 pkgactive dry yeast
1/2 cwarm water, 110 to 115 degrees
2 pkgcream cheese, softened
1/2 cconfectioners' sugar
·sliced almonds, toasted
How to Make Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream, sugar, butter and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly for 5 to 10 minutes or until well blended.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add sour cream mixture and eggs; mix well.
- Gradually stir in flour. (Dough will be very soft.)
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Turn dough onto a floured board; knead 5 to 6 times.
- Divide into four equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 12 x 8 rectangle.
- Spread 1/4 of the filling on each to within 1 inch of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style from long side; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Place, seam side down, on greased baking sheet.
- Cut six x's on top of loaves.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Combine the first three glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.