Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 ccake flour, sifted
1/2 tspbaking soda
6 ozcream cheese
1/2 can(s)vegetable shortening
2 tspvanilla extract
6 csifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 chot water
4 ozbaking chocolate
1/4 cvegetable shortening
How to Make Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake
- Sift the cake flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup shortening and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat, with an electric mixer set on high, until light and fluffy.
- Add confectioners' sugar alternately with hot water and chocolate (melted and cooled to room temperature) to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove 2 cups of the chocolate mixture and cover with plastic wrap.
- Reserve for frosting.
- Blend 1/4 cup shortening into remaining chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with 1/4 cup of milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter in 2 greased and waxed paper lined 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 35 minutes or until the cakes test done.
- Cool in pans on racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on racks.
- Blend 1 tablespoon milk into the reserved chocolate mixture for frosting.
- Place one layer on serving plate and spread with frosting.
- Top with second layer and frost sides and top with remaining frosting.