- 1 stick
- 1 c
- 1 c
- sour milk (you can sour milk by adding in 1 tablespoon of vinegar at bottom of measuring cup and letting it sit til you need to add it in..just does not taste as good with non sour milk)
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 pinch
- baking soda
- 1 pinch
- 2 tsp
- vanilla (we measure the teaspoons with the lid on the bottle, which is slightly more than 2 teaspoons)
- 2 c
How to Make Cream Cake
- 1Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. While oven is preheating, put the stick of margarine in a 9x13 pan and let it melt in oven while it is heating up.
- 2Beat 3 eggs, add sugar. Beat. Add the sour milk, baking powder,baking soda,and salt. Beat. Add vanilla and melted margarine. Beat. Add Flour. Beat.
- 3Bake in the 9x13 pan you melted the margarine in until JUST THE EDGES of the cake are a golden brown. It is cooked all the way through this way, if you let it bake longer it isn't the nice, moist, fluffy cake it is meant to be.
- 4NOTE : The batter will vary in consistency with this recipe, usually depends on what brand of flour you use or what brand of margarine you use but NEVER put more flour in to thicken it. No matter the end result of consistency, it is just fine as it is.