Cranberry Upside Down Cake
Picture is from Kraftrecipes.com
they have great recipes on there.
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1.5 call purpose flour
2 ozsweet butter
3/4 clight brown sugar
24 ozfresh cranberries
4 ozsweet butter
2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9" round cake pan or springform pan, melt the 2 ounces of butter with the brown sugar over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cranberries onto the brown sugar and butter mixture.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl or mixer, cream the 4 ounces of butter with the granulated sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the yolks and vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternately mix the milk and the dry ingredients.
- Stir only until mixed.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold into the cake mixture.
- Pour cake mixture over cranberries.
- Bake at 350 for 50 or 60 minutes or until the cake is done.