Cranberry Christmas Cake
How to Make Cranberry Christmas Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- with a mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until slightly thickened and light in color, about 5-7 minutes. the mixture should almost double in size. the eggs work as your leavening agent in this recipe, so do not skip this step.
- this mixture should form a ribbon when you lift the beaters out of the bowl.
- add the butter and vanilla; mix two more minutes.
- stir in the flour until just combined.
- add the cranberries and stir to mix throughout.
- spread in a buttered 9x13 pan. bake for 40-50 minutes or until very lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
- let cool completely before cutting in to slices.