Cowboy Coffee Cake
Preheat oven to 375.
Makes two cakes
With bacon and eggs (really yummy as breakfast!!)
With a little butter
All by itself
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 call purpose flour, sifted
2 cbrown sugar
2/3 ccrisco shortening
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Cowboy Coffee Cake
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and shortening until crumbly. Should be fine crumbs. Reserve 1/2 cup.
- To remaining crumbs, add baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add milk and eggs; mix well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured pans; top with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for half an hour before serving