How to Make Cornbread
- 1Heat oven to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit
- 2Put 3 Tablespoons of crisco into a large cast iron skillet and place it in oven to melt crisco
- 3Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly then stir into dry ingredients.
- 4Don't be afraid to stir thoroughly.
- 5Take the cast iron skillet out of the oven and carefully pour half or a bit more of the melted crisco into your batter and stir that in just until incorporated.
- 6Finally pour your batter into the hot cast iron skillet and bake at 450 for 25 minutes. The sides will pull away and the top will thump back hollow at you when it is done!