★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp
- peppermint extract
- drops green food coloring, if desired
- 2 c
- (1 pt.)whipping cream, whipped (do not use non-dairy topping)
- 1 pkg
- cake mix, white
- green creme de menthe liqueur
- 8 oz. container cool whip, thawed
How to Make COOL AND MINTY PARTY CAKE
- 1Line a 9" round layer cake pan with aluminum foil. In large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract & food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan; cover. Freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare and bake cake as package directs for two 9" round layers. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- 3With fork, poke holes in cake layers, 1" apart, halfway through each layer. Spoon small amounts of liqueur into holes. Place one cake layer on serving plate; top with frozen mixture, then second cake layer. Trim frozen layer to edge of cake layers.
- 4Frost quickly with whipped topping. Return to freezer at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish as desired.