CONFETTI CELEBRATION CAKE
- 1 box
- box betty crocker® supermoist® white cake mix water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 1 bottle
- bottle (1.75 oz) betty crocker® decors rainbow mix candy sprinkles
- container betty crocker® rich & creamy vanilla frosting
- to 4 different colors betty crocker® decorating icing (in 4.25-oz tubes)
How to Make CONFETTI CELEBRATION CAKE
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans (do not spray with cooking spray)
- 2Make cake batter as directed on box. Reserve 1 tablespoon candy sprinkles for decoration. Stir remaining sprinkles into batter. Pour into pans.
- 3Bake as directed on box for 8-inch or 9-inch rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 4Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over layer. Top with second layer, rounded side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting
- 5Decorate top edge of cake with decorating icing in random squiggly pattern, overlapping colors. Sprinkle reserved candy sprinkles over top of cake. Store loosely covered.
- 6tip: Enclose a sprinkle of brightly colored confetti in your party invitation. Scatter the same confetti on your dining or serving table, too.