Company Lemon Cheesecake
- 2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 6 tbsp. butter or margarine,melted
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 24 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla, divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- lemon glaze, recipe follows
- white rose petals, orange peel curls, edible violet blossoms, mint leaves and lemon leaves
How to Make Company Lemon Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Lightly butter a 9 inch springform pan. In medium bowl, stir together cracker crumbs, walnuts, melted butter and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar. press mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of prepared pan. Bake for 5 minutes.Cool.
- 2In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and 3/4 cup of the sugar with mixer. add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in lemon peel, lemon juice and 1 tsp. of the vanilla til well blended. Pour into cooled crust. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, for topping, in small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 2 tbsp. sugar and remaining 2 Tbsp. vanilla. Remove cheesecake from oven. Gently spread topping over cheesecake. Bake 12 minutes more. Cool on rack for 30 minutes.
- 4Spread lemon glaze on cheesecake. Chill several hours before removing sides of pan. Garnish with white rose petals, orange peel, violets, mint leaves and lemon leaves. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
- 5Lemon Glaze:
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. grated lemon peel (set aside)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 slightly beaten egg yolk
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
In heavy 1 quart pan, mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In small bowl, mix water, lemon juice and egg yolk. Add to sugar mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly til mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in butter or margarine and grated lemon peel.Cool slightly but don't allow glaze to become set. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.