Cold Water Chocolate Cake
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- oleo margarine, softened (do not melt)
- eggs, beaten
- unsweetened chocolate squares, melted (or 1/2 c. cocoa)
- 1 c
- cold water
- 3 c
- flour with 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt mixed in
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- water (alternate with flour mixture)
How to Make Cold Water Chocolate Cake
- 1Beat sugar and oleo until well mixed--looks like grainy, lighter colored butter.
- 2Add beaten eggs and melted chocolate; mix well.
- 3Add cold water and vanilla. Mix gently. Add remaining cold water alternately with flour mixture.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 9x13 pan or two round pans for a layer cake.
- 5Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.