- 3 stick
- butter or margarine
- 3 c
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 Tbsp
START THIS RECIPE IN A COLD OVEN.
IF USING A DARK PAN, DECREASE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 300 DEGREES
How to Make Cold Oven Pound Cake
- 1Cream butter or margarine and sugar until creamy.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Add flour and salt alternately with milk and vanilla.
- 4Pour into greased and floured tube pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 5Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then unmold on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.