Coffee-Orange Fudge Cake
Company special, yet simple enough to be special for family dinners or just a slice with coffee while enjoying time at home. People always ask for the recipe. This is a good 'go to' recipe when you want something unique and just right.
I think it came from a contest 30 years ago. Enjoy!
- 1 pkg
- 2 layer size devil's food or german chocolate cake mis
- 8 oz. carton dairy sour cream
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil
- 1/2 c
- 1 box
- 4-serving size instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1/4 c
- coffee liqueur
- 2 Tbsp
- finely shredded orange peel
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, optional
How to Make Coffee-Orange Fudge Cake
- 1Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
Heat oven to 350°.
- 2In large mixer bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, pudding mix, liqueur, orange peel, and cinnamon. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended, Scraping sides of bowl constantly.
Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.
Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3Pour into prepared pan.
Bake in 350° oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
Remove from pan, and cool on rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- 5To make this a gluten free recipe, use a good quality 2 layer gluten-free chocolate cake mix, and make sure the ingredients used are also gluten free. There are GF substitute ingredients for every item in this recipe. I hope you like it. Something different and rich, and people do not know it is GF unless you tell them!