Coconut Whipped Frosting
- 16 oz
- container Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon or lime extract
- 1 1/2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 oz
- can Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting
- baked 8-inch lemon layer cake
How to Make Coconut Whipped Frosting
- 1Heat oven - make and bake according to package or recipe directions. (I used a lemon cake mix.) You can use your favorite cake mix or recipe. Bake and set aside to cool completely.
- 2Use a spatula to empty Cool Whip (only use this kind, if possible) into a large bowl. Add the lemon juice (or flavoring to match the cake recipe you are using). Now add the coconut.
Mix and fold to get well blended.
- 4Empty the can of whipped frosting to the remaining Cool Whip mixture. Mix up well to blend. If you want to add more coconut do so now; but only about 1/2 cup.