- 1 box
- white or yellow cake mix
- 10 oz
- strwaberry spread
- hot water
- 1 pkg
- extra rich coolwhip
- 1-2 c
- sweetened shredded coconut
How to Make Coconut Strawberry Cake
- 1Make the cake using a 9x13 pan according to box directions .
- 2While the cake is baking add strawberry spread
to a small bowl, add enough hot water to make a thin syrup. You will need at least 16 ounces of syrup. You may have to heat this on the stove if your water is not hot enough. Make sure you use strawberry spread not jello or preserves.
- 3When the cake is done take a fork and punch holds all over the cake the more the better.
Slowly pour the strawberry syrup over the cake, cover and refrigerate till the cake is cold to the touch. I leave it overnight.
- 4Take your cool whip and spread over the cake and then cover with Coconut.
Variation instead of strawberry spread use 16-19 ounces of coconut milk.