Coconut Pound Cake with Glaze
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 cbutter (unsalted)
3 cflour (plain)
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 ccoconut, flaked unsweetened
1 cchopped pecans
2 Tbspsalted butter
·powdered sugar for dusting top of cake
How to Make Coconut Pound Cake with Glaze
- FOR THE CAKE Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit)
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and butter and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 3 minutes
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix until powder like
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk in three parts to batter and mix gently until just moistened. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured Tube or Bundt Cake Pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- FOR THE GLAZE:
Five minutes before cake is finished baking, make the glaze. Combine water, butter and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Slowly pour half the syrup over the cake, invert onto serving plate, and pour remaining syrup over top. Dust with powdered sugar, let sit for 10 minutes, and eat warm!